Thursday, January 19, 2012

Power Point Activity, PARC Before and After



We created this poster using Microsoft Powerpoint with given pictures. Before I created it, I thought about the concept a lot because I was very confused with the format. I tried to choose color theme first and then went from there. Even thought Powerpoint has a lot of amazing features, it was a little hard for me to be very creative with it. I rotated the watering can to place it at the right spot. I looked at many people's examples and they used very similar colors because they all thought about the gardening business, but I definitely wanted to be different from others so I tried to stay with the pink color theme. I cropped out watering can and resized it into smaller version and put it on the far top right corner with some texts. I was shocked about how Microsoft Powerpoint has many designing features. It was very fun!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I really like what you did with these slides! I have to say out of all the one's I looked at, these two are my favorite! In the top slide, I like how you put all of the shapes together in a way that makes them separate, yet come together as one. I also like how you used the reflection feature to the ovals and squares, I think it adds a professional touch to the overall design. In the second slide, I also like your use of color. The overall colors are pink, white and black and they really compliment each other. I think it looks like a professional ad that you would see in stores and around town. I also like how you used the watering can twice for repetition (one bigger and one smaller).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sun, I absolutely LOVE your shape slide! The way you grouped each set of shapes and then aligned them all horizontally along the center line allows them to be distinct yet part of the whole. Your color choices are also very harmonizing. Great job!

      (Sorry for the duplicate posts. Not sure what's up with the computer!)

      Delete
  2. Sun, I agree with the others. Your poster and shape slides are awesome. First, the reflections added to your shapes create a floating effect on the white backdrop. I also think that by aligning your shapes large to small, allows our eyes to follow a pathway. I was also impressed that you effectively placed, not one, but two watering cans. Placing the important information together, in darker print, allows readers to easily find the important information. Then, the more decorative slogan adds fun. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete